I get a lot of questions as to how I get such great deals at Target. I decided I am going to let you in on the secret! lol. If you know the secrets, skip this post-- it'll be just a repeat of what you already know!
To those who are not informed, here it goes!
- Before you head to Target, always check for the online coupons they offer. You would be surprise of all the clothing, accessories and other coupons that are worth printing out. Even if you do not need it at the moment, print it and stash it into your purse/wallet.
- Go to Target with an open-mind. This way you'll have a clean slate of what you can bring home with you, even when you did not think it was necessary.
- Target has a mark down schedule: follow it!
- Monday- Kids clothes, Electronics and Stationary
- Tuesday- Women’s Clothing and Household Decor
- Wednesday- Men’s Clothing, Health/Beauty, Food, and Toys
- Thursday- Housewares, SHOES, and Lingerie
- Friday- Cosmetics, Hardware, Automotive, Housewares, Jewelry
- Follow the schedule!
- When Target items go on sale, the markdown starts at 15%, then 30% after two-weeks (depending on the inventory), 50% and then lastly 70%. In the range of 15, 30, 50 and 70%-- the price will end with "8"--( ie: $7.48) When the item is discounted to 85% off, the price will end with "4"-- (ie: $4.74) This states that the item will no longer be discounted. Note on the clearance tag-- the percentage on the right top corner will give you a % off.
- Most of the time, clothing, shoes and lingerie will start at 30% off, instead of 15%. All the other items, especially beauty--will start at 15% off.
- Do not be afraid to browse the store in the areas the day it is marking down. I have no problem digging into racks of clothes when there's a huge markdown.
- NOTE: When browsing in the clothing and shoes, there are plenty of online returns and that's where the bargain is!! The items that are returned from online is marked down heavily because they do not have the inventory of that specific item-- sometimes the items are in store and if you get lucky and snatch an online return, its 70% off the price!
- AND, get yourself a Target Red Card- You can link your debit card to the Target card-- which means, it'll just come out of your checking and you are not signing up for an actual credit card. Make sure to bring a VOID Check!
I hope this post was informative and you will make use of out it!
My haul from Target today!!
Merona Polka Dot Scarf: $4.48 (original- $14.99)
Merona Floral Scarf: $4.48 (original- $14.99)
Merona Multi Floral Scarf: $4.48 (original- $14.99)
C9 by Champion Activewear: $17.48 (original- $24.99)
Merona Black Belt: $5.08 (original- $16.99)
Merona Snakeskin Belt: $3.88 (original- $12.99)
Paid: $39.88 -$5.00 off coupon*- $34.88
Original Price: $99.94
$65.06 in savings!
*$5.00 off coupon for over $20 in accessories
The scarves may not be extremely useful as of right now, but will definitely be a staple in my closet for the summer nights and fall!
Thanks for stopping by!
Note: This is not a sponsored post and I am in no way affiliated with Target. Information is based on my experience.
Until next time,